Furnishing your new home - a checklist
Furnishing Your New Home – A Checklist
Hoorah! This is a stage that most of our clients relish. Although planning for many usually begins months before; after much perusing of the latest designs, trends, and also considering how your current furnishings will create a new ambience – it’s time to make sure it all comes together.
To help you ensure all of your i’s are dotted and ts crossed; here’s a checklist of key considerations for a smooth, stylish and effortless process.
1. Get the right measurements – Make sure the furniture and appliances you intend to buy will fit properly into your new home; passing through doorways and passages
2. The right stuff – be sure to check that the size and colour of everything is right, using a tape measure and colour swatches of fabric.
3. When selecting appliances it’s a good idea to also check the availability of spare parts for appliances and consider the ease of cleaning and maintenance.
4. Carefully check the workmanship on all furniture, for example strong joints, smooth opening drawers and doors both in a showroom, and following delivery.
5. Shop around. Have you got yourself the very best deal on carpets or vinyl? Unless you are leaving these tasks between your builder and tradesmen, then it’s wise to shop around to compare prices and quality by;
- obtaining at least two itemised and signed quotes
- check that the price includes laying, doorstrips, etc;
- confirm deposit amount required;
- determine the type of underlay (if any);
- determine the position of joins;
- obtain the name of the salesperson with whom you are dealing;
- re-check all measurements (your own and the store’s)
About Chateau Architects + Builders
For 44 years Chateau have operated as a family owned business, creating individually designed homes. Every one is as unique as its owner be it traditional, contemporary or modern. New Home Builders Chateau guide all clients through every step of the process, to make bespoke home creation easy!